Monday, September 9, 2013

Interview of Ms.Jess Minor

For our college writing 100 class, we were asked to interview one of our colleagues for our class. So, i scanned the classroom for a willing companion. I knew I was never great at thinking of questions on the spot, so i needed someone that I would be understand. I looked over to Jess and asked and she was very willing. I've seen her around campus, greeted her in passing like many other students, but i realized I didn't know anything about her. So, at that moment, i saw that his a good opportunity to know one of my underclassmen.

We sat down in my room to have a more informal interview environment and then i proceeded to interview her. But, i wanted to start with the questions that were lighthearted.

Me: Where are you originally from?

Jess: I'm originally from Easton, Pennsylvania.

Me: What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?

Jess: I loved the Rugrats!






Me: How did you become interested in Performing Arts?

Jess: My parents dragged me to a dance studio when I was four or five year old and signed me up for dancing. Once I started dancing, I loved it and I couldn't stop. So, when I came to Cedar Crest and started to work in the theatre. I started learning the technical parts of theatre.

Me: Wow. How long have you been dancing, as of now?

Jess: (without hesitation) Fourteen years.

Me: What is your biggest fear and why?

Jess:  Hmm. My biggest fear would have to be not being good enough for anyone, because that is what I've been told all my life.

Knowing that exact feeling, i moved to two questions that showed passion and the desire for change.

Me: What is something that you are most proud of in your life?

Jess: Something I am most proud of would have to be when I helped raise money for Cancer research by shaving all my hair off. It was a life changing experience, that i would do again, because i got the opportunity to change so many peoples' lives.

Me: If you could change one thing in todays' world, what would it be?

Jess: I wish I could change how judgmental are in the world. I just wish people would accept other people as they are and not just treat them unfairly. No matter the color of their skin, their sexuality, or anything else. I just wish people would stop judging each other.

Since everything seemed to be getting sad and we started to both look back into our lives. I had to break it up with the silly question I saved for last. I had found it online and it was an actual interview question someone used to select an employee in a professional interview.

Me: Ok, I have one last question. I had to save the best for last.

Jess: Ok, shot.

Me: A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?

Jess: (She laughed and thought for a while) I just I would have to say. He says "I love you" in a spanish accent and he's here because he loves me.

Man! No, i want a penguin.

No comments:

Post a Comment